Mindless Wreather - review

Here's finally my new longboard deck, a freeride drop through switch deck, with deep concave.
It's very similar to the Landyachtz Nine Two Five, but with a slightely longer wheelbase, and I think a bit heavier too.
I bought this deck because it has a simple deep conceve, no camber, no "bacon" wood forming, enough tail and nose; it's simmetrical and its shape avoids wheelbites; I can test drop and top mount; it's stiff; it's the lenght I like; there's a nice three colors graphic.
I didn't buy this deck for its bamboo ply (does it affect the stiffness?) nor for its brand.
















 

lenght 101.6cm / 40 inches
width 25.4cm / 10 inches
wheelbase 81.9cm / 32.25 inches

















construction top ply light bamboo, 6-ply canadian maple core, bottom ply smoked zebra stripe bamboo
recommended max weight 130kg / 280lbs

















ouch! Little imperfections...


















I'm not a pro skater, but i've been riding for a while even if I never had the opportunity of buying quality stuff;
my first longboard was a cheap huge flat pintail, with traditional KP trucks. After some practice I realized it was not so bad and that if you can run down modest hills and slide on that board, than you're freeriding!
When I moved to Paris I bought a pair of 180mm Paris trucks (what else in Paris?) and I rolled on a shlongboard till I had some more budget for the board. Now I laugh at the fanatics and don't regret any board I had before.


Paris trucks 180, o'tang stimulus 86a and bicycle inner tube nose guards!


















Well, after 4 mounths of riding I noticed the quality gap but I must say that the nose and the tail are really weak, so I had to epoxy it a couples of times; it doesn't affect the ride apparently so it's ok. I skated it through the rain, slided on some snow and actually it lost some stiffness and there are some ply parts missing, but until it will let me gain some speed I'll ride it. You can love or hate the concave: flat cave, quicky steep on the edges works pretty well and lets you move your feet for some cross step. Low and stable, good for freeriding but still nice to hang aroung the city, always loose trucks style!

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Globe Occy Bamboo - review

My all around setup - Earthwing Crewzer 38

Caliber trucks Plugs