Homemade camera rig for SLR



After few mounths spent looking for the right pieces I could finally build my camera rig.
When you don't have the right tools and you don't know where to go to cut and drill your pieces a simple handcraft work can become a pain! So last week I found the missing piece searching in some street trash, the plexiglass plate to support the camera, that allowed me to shoot some interesting footage!

I'm sorry, I needed the digital SLR to take pictures!
















I cut and glued some pvc tubes, following the size of my SLR camera and trying anyway to get quite a small frame: everyone who makes his own camera rig should do the same, because there's no universal size.















The plate is made of thick plexiglass; I locked it to the frame by 4 bolts and added some inner tube washers (you can make everything with it!) to make it more solid and smooth. I then drilled the camera screw hole right in the middle of the plate mesuring the distance from the foreward edge depending on my camera weight and also on my lenses lenght. I might drill some more holes if I ever will change lenses.


the bottom







































A little problem is the tube right in line with the camera screen, but i don't care so much because I don't look at it when filming skate footage, and at least I can flip and rotate it off the axle (that's a practical upgrade on the Canon 60D!).


Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Globe Occy Bamboo - review

My all around setup - Earthwing Crewzer 38

Caliber trucks Plugs